Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I Confess!


Well, Dan is out of town this week so I'll make an attempt to post something myself. I might as well tell on myself before Dan can rat me out anyway.

We went to view Max's 3 month photographs at Irwin Photography last week. Dan and I were both really excited about seeing the first professional photographs taken of our baby boy but I guess I hadn't prepared myself for the full experience. Connie, the photographer, has a beautiful studio very well equipped with the latest technology. So, she sat us down in a viewing room, dimmed the lights, put on the pretty music and projected the sweetest photos I've ever seen! Before I knew it, the tears were flowing. Those of you who know me know I've always been easily brought to tears. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive. Maybe I'm still a little hormonal. Maybe I'm a little stressed with Max being sick and requiring breathing treatments. Or maybe I'm just still completely overwhelmed at how much I love this little boy and seeing such amazing images of him is more than I can bear without a little release! Whatever the reason, I wear my bloodshot eyes and tear streaked face with pride. (And maybe it was just a spec of dust, but I think Dan may have had a little something in his eyes, too!)
There are a couple of other photos posted of Max under the "Worth the Wait" post at www.irwinphotography.blogspot.com.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon,
This has got to be the most precious picture I have ever seen. Max is so sweet. I'm sure you think that everytime you see him. I want to cry everytime I see him. I'm going to log into the other site you gave me so I can cry some more. Love Aunt Donna

Anonymous said...

Shannon, It's great keeping up with you and Max through this blog!! You and Dan keep up the good work.
The pictures of Max are so precious. I completely understand why you cried when you viewed them.
Tera

Anonymous said...

Shannon,
This blog is the best thing going. We love keeping up with you, Dan and Max. Don't be ashamed of your tears, they are completely natural. I got a little teary-eyed as well. He is beautiful with great parents. Lucky kid. See you soon.

Love
Aunt Mari

Anonymous said...

Wow, look how beautiful he is! There is no shame in crying a bit.

~Amanda

Anonymous said...

So I can totally picture Dan singing "Breaking the Law" as he changes Max's diaper, but the visual of him doing the "Little Teapot" dance is a visual that will keep me grinning for the rest of the night!! Shannon, you have got to keep the video camera handy, as that could easily be a $100K video. Oh, BTW, when I saw "Confession" in the title I was thinking maybe you had tried cliping his fingernails again. :)
Love ya! Jim n Kim