Monday, May 12, 2008

Max's First Mother's Day

Mother’s Day at our house started out like many other Sunday mornings. Everyone slept in. Of course, by sleeping in I mean when Max wakes up we all get up. I think he made it to 6:30 or 7 o’clock before he was ready for breakfast. I took the dogs out while Shannon fed the baby. He was happy and “talkative” as usual.

I came back in from walking Owen and Foxxy and went in to Max’s room to see how the morning was progressing. Shannon had the baby up on the changing table and was putting on a clean diaper. Swapping clean diapers for dirty ones is getting more tricky as the boy gets bigger. You still have to be ready for a possible “little geyser”, but now he has added kicking legs and twisting to the mix. Sometimes I feel like a ranch hand trying to brand a steer when I change his diapers.

After the diaper change, Max gave his Mom a nice Mother's day card and then had his picture taken with her. We played for a little while and then he slept in his swing. While he was napping I made a big breakfast for Shannon and my Mom. Grampie and GiGi came over after church to eat and spend the afternoon with us.

We all sat down to eat at the kitchen table. (The baby actually sits ON the table in his little Bumbo Seat) We had eggs, bacon, potatoes, biscuits and gravy. Max was apparently hungry, too. He had a bottle, a full jar of carrots and then a bowl of cereal. Wow! The whole time I was thinking “this is going to be bad when it comes out the other end”.

Later that day, Mom, Dad, Max, Foxxy and Owen took a short siesta.

All in all it was a very nice way to spend a Sunday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big he's getting. Maybe I should get over there to see him before he's all grown up!

~Amanda

Anonymous said...

What a difference a few months makes. Max is turning into a "little guy" instead of that tiny infant I held at the hospital, and even when I saw him at 2 months. He is going to be mobile very soon. He is already from what I have been told about his turning over and over. I can't wait to see him and his next accomplishments!!
Love Aunt Donna

Anonymous said...

Max is getting cuter every time I see him (or his picture). Happy belated Mother's Day. The first one is really special. Remember that being a parent is the most important job you will ever have and the most rewarding.
Becky L.