Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday!


Max,

I can’t believe it has been a year already. You have grown so much in these last twelve months. I have grown, too.

I remember the moment you were born like it was yesterday. I had prepared myself for changing diapers and taking care of a baby. I was not prepared for the rush of emotion I would feel the first time I saw you. I didn’t know I could have such love for someone I had just met. I haven’t wanted to be away from you since that day.
Your smile and laugh brighten my day. I never get tired of hearing you say “DaDa” or watching you figure out things for the first time. I look forward to seeing what the next year brings.

You make me proud to be a Dad. I’m lucky to have you as my son.

I love you.

Dad








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY MAX!!SORRY I COULD NOT BE THERE IN PERSON, BUT I WAS DEFINITELY THINKING OF YOU AND HOW YOU'VE GROWN THE PAST YEAR FROM THAT TINY INFANT I HELD BARELY A FEW HOURS OLD TO THIS ADORABLE LITTLE MUNCHKIN.I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AT CHRISTMAS AND MAKE UP SOME MUCH NEEDED TIME WITH MY PERFECT LITTLE NEPHEW. LOVE AUNT DONNA

Anonymous said...

I swear, he gets cuter every day! Happy Birthday, Max!

~Amanda

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Max! Can't wait to celebrate with you in person. You know your dad rocks! Even if Meier and Aaron don't have a dad as cool as yours, at least they have an awesome Uncle DanDan! P.S. You're mom's pretty SUUUWWWWEEEET too! Love ya-
Auntie Carole

Anonymous said...

Looks like the surgery didn't slow him down or phase him one bit. Happy birthday Max!
Vickie

Anonymous said...

Dear Max,
You've made this year fun for all of us. How could we have ever known what a special baby we'd get when we heard the exciting news that you were coming. Your Mom and Dad instantly became model parents. Their pleasure in filling that role is obvious to all. It warms our hearts to see you as a family. Every day brings new surprises as we view the world with freshness and wonder through your little eyes. God bless you, Sweet Boy!
Love, Gigi and Gramp