Saturday, March 14, 2009

First Haircut

We have successfully completed our first haircut without incident, unless you consider Max flirting with everyone in the salon as an incident.

I picked him up from his school on Thursday and took him to see Anjie, our hairdresser and long time family friend, at Jessie James Hair Studio. I was prepared for a meltdown since we've had such trouble with anything to do with water lately, but it couldn't have gone any better. Max behaved like a perfect gentleman.



Anjie had a little case to use as a booster, a cape with penguins on it, and some shiny hair clips for Max to play with while she worked. A few snips here and a little buzzing there (which kind of tickled Max's neck) and Max had a new 'do!

He was smiling from ear to ear as all the ladies in the shop admired him. And I'm pretty sure I was smiling from ear to ear with the relief that only a mother can have as her baby boy achieves yet another milestone.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I swear, he gets cuter every minute! I love the haircut/style.

~Amanda

Anonymous said...

NO-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-don't let him grow up so fast!!!!!!! Keep him innocent as long as possible, though the haircut is really cute.

Aunt Mari

Anonymous said...

I just suddenly saw such a resemblance to Dan in these photos! Can't exactly put my finger on it, but he's definitely looking like his Dad. Love Aunt Donna