Saturday, July 21, 2007

Getting used to the idea of a boy...

We are getting used to the idea of having a boy. It sure has made some things easier. Now we can settle on decorating the nursery and stuff. It has also allowed me to purchase a few baby outfits. Of course they have things like "slugger" or "all star" on them. Not that everything I buy has to do with sports. I am comfortable with anything "boyish". (Except soccer. Sorry, I just can't make that leap.)

The last couple of weeks we have been refering to the baby as Max. We both kind of like the idea of Max for a first name. As my buddy Aaron says "Max sounds like the kind of guy you can have a beer with". How can you argue with that logic?

The question of the moment is "What is Max short for?" It might be we name him just Max. My boss thinks it should be Maximus. I don't know. Maximus Danger Minninger? (so he can say "Danger is my middle name"...Get it?)

Maybe I should discuss this with Shannon before I settle on anything.

Using the name Maximus was not the only words of wisdom my boss had. Jeff also said "Take it from the father of a teenage girl, with a son you only have to worry about one boy. With a daughter, you have to worry about ALL boys"

2 comments:

Three Dog Life said...

The only guarantee in naming babies is that some people won't like your choices -- any of them. Ignore all they have to say and go with what you like because you have to live with the name for a lifetime.

Our biggest challenge was finding a name we liked that wasn't also the name of a pet we know.

For what it's worth, I like Max. Just plain Max. Danger... not so much ;-)

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.