Friday, November 30, 2007

You and me and the baby makes three

I have officially been a Dad for about 42 hours. I have enjoyed every minute of it.

Yesterday was a good day. I didn't sleep all night after the birth. I had to keep looking at Max to see if he was okay. I can't help. He is just so darn quiet when he sleeps.

Anyway, even though I had been awake for more than 24 hours, I wasn't tired. It was an adventure I didn't want to miss a minute of. I've changed diapers (even the ones that looked like roofing tar in the beginning), been peed on and spit up on. You know what? I don't care.

Last night Shannon sent me home to get some rest. I wasn't crazy about leaving but one of us needs to be alert when we get to take him home. Her sister Donna volunteered to stay the night and keep an eye on them. She even gave me an Ambien pill to help me fall asleep. It is a good thing I waited until I got home to take it. Within a minute or two, I was stumbling around the house like a bear shot with a tranquilizer dart. I flopped on the bed and didn't move for 10 hours. I don't think I want to take any more of those. (Next time I'll just have the game warden shoot me in the neck.)

This morning I woke up a little loopy but couldn't wait to get back to my family.

Shannon and Max are doing great. It won't be long before I can take them home.

Thanks to everyone who has come by to visit us at the hospital and/or left nice messages. We are lucky to have such great friends and family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how much did he weigh? length? c'mon... let's have some stats!

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better, Ambien does the same thing to me. :)

~Amanda

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! He is absolutely beautiful!!! Glad to hear mom and baby are good!