Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Last one to know.

The word is out and we are getting plenty of phone calls and e-mails. Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement. I would like to send a special thanks to my buddies for their horror stories.

Anyway, it seems that many of you suspected my wife was pregnant before she even told me. How about a little heads up next time?

While I am on the subject of pregnancy advice for men. Are there any pregnacy books for men that aren't written by a total "candy ass"? Man, there is so much touchy feely crap out there. I don't want to get in touch with my inner "oprah". I just want to be a stand up guy and a good husband and father. GIVE ME INFORMATION I CAN USE! I want lists. Always do, never do, what the hell were you thinking... you know, lists.
-Dan

2 comments:

DonnaHundley said...

Hey Dan,I know just how you feel. Sort of like the time my best friend got to my mom first and told her we had made the cheerleading squad. Mom was so flabberghasted I guessed her news when she called on sun. She asked me what was the most shocking news I could think of. I immediately said Shannon is pregnant. Boy did I pop her bubble. I am so excited about the baby but be prepared to see more of me than ever. I am thinking of moving home and I love newborns.I will be reading the blog often so keep me posted. Your sister in law,Donna

Anonymous said...

I know lots of good books for new dads that are completely free of "candy ass" stuff. They won't sell them to just anybody, though. You probably won't be able to get one on account of being a shih-tzu owner.