Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A little history

I know that my first several posts have been lighthearted and sometimes a little crude (sorry Mom). It may be that I have used a little humor as a way to deal with the anxiety of becoming a father for the first time. The truth is, years of calm, careful discussion have led to this decision.

Shannon and I have been together for a long time and have a great relationship. She is the love of my life and my very best friend. We have a nice house, good jobs and are healthy. Having a baby seemed like a logical next step.

For years we didn't want kids at all. However, the thought of growing old together and not sharing our good fortune with a child made me a little sad.

Now that we are having a baby I am scared, anxious and excited but not sad. I am ready for whatever comes our way as long as Shannon is by my side.

-Dan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, I just wanted to say congratulations!! I know that the two of you will make wonderful parents.

Tera